Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend! Fun in the sun.. and the rain...

WOW! What an eventful and exhausting weekend! My good friend Whit is getting married in a few short weeks, so this weekend was her bachelorette party!

Friday night began with a drive to Waverly to see Whit and John's new house and then headed to Lansing, IA from there. Whit, another bridesmaid Rachel, and I all rode to Lansing together and the other three girls met us there. Whit's family has a cabin right on the Mississippi with a gorgeous view!


We got to the cabin where Whit's parents and soon to be mother-in-law were awaiting our arrival. We grilled out, had some adult beverages, played some card games, and had lots of laughs! We had a blast and stayed up til 1:00 a.m. laughing.

the whole group :)

beautiful bride to be

mmmmmmmm.... SMORES!!!!!!!!




Saturday morning we had a shower for Whit. She got some great gifts :) Including a pair of underwear that her and John could both wear lol.




After the shower the plan was to pack up and head out onto the river to boat all day up to Lacrosse... but mother nature had other plans :( Since thunderstorms were in the future and it was cold and gloomy, we decided it was best to stay off the river and just drive to Lacrosse. We didn't let the bad weather ruin our day though! We had a blast on our way to Lacrosse, and once we got there we loved checking out all of the different bars and restaurants :) At one point we were caught in a torrential rain shower and 3 of use were absolutely drenched! It was a blessing in disguise though, because at this point I had hit a wall and needed a nap, but the rain woke me up and gave me the second wind I needed :)

All flustered after running in the rain!



We finally decided we should probably head to the hotel to get ready for our dinner reservation. Well, we had a slight change of plans when we entered the hotel and decided swimming was the BEST. IDEA. EVER! We were in the pool for a good hour, I won't go into detail but lets just say it was a really good time... and needless to say, we missed our dinner reservation lol. We finally made it up to the hotel room and ate everything in sight. We showered and got ready for a night out on the town and had a blast! Lots of dancing and laughing :)


In my element dancing to country music :)



The trip ended with a brunch Sunday morning and then we said our goodbyes. I had a great time and I believe Whit did as well! It was great to get to know the other bridesmaids and make new friends! Now I am even more excited for the wedding! :)

Sunday afternoon I made my way back to Eldora to spend some time with family. I managed to get 36 holes of golf in and had a blast hanging out with my brother. It was great to see family and relax a little bit :)


Billy's Eagle on par 4 number 9! He holed out from 175 yards out for a 2!

Hope everyone else out there had an awesome Memorial Day weekend! Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment