Today is a special special day :)
It's Ashton's birthday!
I have quite a few best friends in my life, and all of them bring something different and amazing to my life. Here are a few reasons why Ashton is such an awesome best friend and an amazing person.
1. She is hilarious. Ashton one of those naturally funny people who doesn't have to try to be funny. She just is. It's an amazing quality and defining personality trait of hers. She can ALWAYS make me laugh no matter what the situation.
2. Ashton does a job on a daily basis that most people couldn't handle. I honestly don't know how she does it day in and day out. She truly loves working with children and helping them. She is passionate about it and a hard worker.
3. She's always late. This may not sounds like a reason why she's awesome, but let me explain. Ashton's tardiness is endearing. Somehow she shows up a few minutes late to everything with a hilarious story, making fun of herself, and carrying a handful of stuff and not quite completely put together. You honestly can't help but find it adorable, hilarious, endearing and a quality you come to sincerely love about her. It is one characteristic that makes her Ashton that I love.
4. She's unbelievably naturally athletic. She's a stud in all areas. Simple as that.
5. We can be completely honest with each other. There are no walls. We tell each other everything and know that no matter what we are there for each other. I don't know how to put into words the bond we have, but it's a special one. We just click. We get each other and always seem to know what the other is thinking. We always understand what the other one is saying and we are always on the same page. It's easy and awesome. If you've ever spent time around us you
have been annoyed understand that it's this creepyamazingwonderfullyawesomeslightlyannoying bond.
6. We always have something to talk about. We can honestly spend countless days and nights together on trips or just weekends in dsm with just the 2 of us and never have a moment of silence. There are many weekends that we only spend time apart to go home to shower and change for our next adventure, and we are constantly amazed that come Sunday night we still haven't run out of stuff to talk or laugh about.
7. She's been there for me through my lowest lows and my highest highs. She's a great, thoughtful, amazing and irreplaceable friend. I'm sure that her other friends would say the exact same thing.
8. She's smart. Ashton is very very smart and worked extremely hard in college and grad school to get where she is today. She was a great student and her dedication in school was a trait I envied. Not everyone has the drive she did. All her hard work paid off and now she gets to be the teacher and touches so many people's lives. I'm sure she's not even aware of the impact she's making on some of the kids she helps. Again, I don't know how she does it! She found her calling.
Okay... I could go on and on all day with this post.. but I think you get the idea. Ashton is AWESOME :) I hope she has a wonderful birthday! I'm so so so happy we met 8 years ago. I honestly can't imagine my life without her and am so happy we landed jobs in the same city. Below are some pics of some of the great times I've had with Ashton! :) Sorry.. i love pictures :)
 |
| orange bowl |
 |
| enjoying our city |
 |
| favorite pastime: blackberries |
 |
| Vegas! |
 |
| Ash even makes falling down stairs fun! |
 |
| old school |
 |
| 3 best friends!!!!!!!! |
 |
| Our first race together :) couldn't have done it without her! |
 |
| Chi-town! |
 |
| Merry Christmas! |
 |
| GO PACK GO! |
 |
| we love golfing together :) |
This is awesome dunn! Couldn't agree with you more on EVERYTHING you said! :) You're such a great friend!!!! Almost shed a tear reading this hahaha!
ReplyDeleteshan