Monday, June 4, 2012

Hello friends! I hope everyone out there had a great weekend. Mine was long and for the most part a blast. Last week was pretty hectic. I dogsat for my boss's 3 dogs, so that involved lots of running around back and fourth to his house and hauling them back and fourth to work. I love 'em though so no complaints :) I also had my first Team In Training team run. We have an optional mid-week run that all teammates are invited to go to, and a volunteer coach holds them and gives instruction. It was a really hard workout. We practiced running hills the entire time with his coaching and tips. The practice ended with 3 rounds of running the stairs of the capitol building. What a workout! 5 days later I'm still sore... but it felt great and it was the type of workout I'd never do unless someone was making me. I'm going to try to go every week :)
Maddie, Bella and Katie :)

My weekend started at noon Friday when 5 of us carpooled to Dubuque for a friends wedding. We got a late start and had to hustle but made it just in time for the ceremony :) It was a gorgeous outdoor wedding at a winery right by the river. Allison was gorgeous and looked so happy. The reception was so much fun. It was great to see friends I don't often see. We all had a blast dancing the night away :)








The next morning got off to a slow start and our 2 hour breakfast at Perkins didn't help (poor service plus tired impatient Katie don't mix well... I was not a happy camper.) The 3 and a half hour drive wasn't the best, but little did I know that the best nap of my life awaited me once I got home :) It was one of those naps where you wake up disoriented and you aren't sure where you are or what time or day it is. For someone who doesn't nap often, it was amazing lol.

Saturday night was a friends birthday. We all intended on going to dinner and then out on the town, but we were still exhausted from the wedding that most of us headed straight home after dinner.



Sunday started off great. I got up and moving and went to church and then to panera. I had a free ticket to the Principal Charity Classic golf tournament, so I figured I'd go check it out. The weather was beautiful and after running into some people and hanging out in a company suite for a while, the day got away from me and before I knew it it was midnight... I had a blast and the tournament, met a lot of new friends and had so much fun! BUT... the night ended with me realizing I'd lost my car key somewhere along the way. I hadn't brought my purse or phone into the tournament which clearly was a bad idea. I had to have maintenance let me into my place last night and had to get a locksmith this morning.... ugh.. what an ordeal.. but totally worth it :) SO... if you think your Monday isn't going well, just be thankful you didn't have to call a locksmith today, and you probably have keyless entry on your car, which I no longer do because that's the key I lost...

In other news, I just booked my ticket for a friends wedding in Breckenridge, Colorado! I am so excited for a vacation in a few short weeks :) I already know their wedding will be awesome and am so excited to be a part of it!

Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment