Sunday, May 6, 2012

I love Sundays :)

Hi all! Hope everyone had a great weekend! Mine consisted of wayyyy too much food and a few too many beverages. Friday and Saturday night were spent enjoying downtown dsm. I ran into some old friends and also met some new ones.
Even though I had a great time out on the town, my favorite parts of low key weekends spent in Des Moines are my daytime activities. This weekend I knew I had to accomplish quite a few things before summer really gets underway. One thing I HAD to do was hit up the Nike outlet to stock up on running gear. I had an amazing coupon from a team in training teammate who works there, so I took full advantage :) I know they say money can't buy happiness... but there is something to be said for getting new workout clothes. It honestly makes me want to work out more often, and I love that feeling.  I got so many great things and after I purchased them I headed straight home and went for a run. :)

Besides shopping and running, I also went to church. I enjoy going but don't go as consistently as I should. I recognize it should be a priority and I should take time to find one that is right for me, but at this point in my life I just haven't managed to make that happen. So, I go to a church that is big enough that I feel comfortable going to alone, and I seem to agree with their views and really enjoy the sermons given by the head pastor. No matter how good the sermon is, I'm always so glad I went. It's a great time to unwind and reflect. I love being completely disconnected from my phone and all that outside hustle and bustle for an hour. I always feel energized and inspired when I leave.  It also gives me that extra boost to keep moving and do everything I need to do on Sundays, which is exactly what I did! Had lunch with a best friend, got my mom a mothers day gift, went grocery shopping, went for a run, did a ton of laundry, and even bought myself a coffee maker! (Starbucks has been taking way too much of my money lately)

Happy Sunday everyone! Hope u all got everything done that you needed to. It's a great feeling knowing you are starting the week off organized! I can't wait to wake up to my first cup of home made coffee :) I think I'm officially an adult lol. Have a great week everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment