Friday, May 4, 2012

Fun in the sun!

Okay, remember earlier when I said one thing May means for me is GOLF?? Well, I got to play yesterday!!!

The company I work for is a big supporter of the Leukemia Lymphoma Society, (if you "like" us we will donate $1.00 to LLS! ) and LLS held a golf tournament yesterday! It was absolutely gorgeous out!!! My boss, my co-worker, his brother, and myself all played together, and what do ya know... WE WON!!! We shot -14! (the co-worker is a former pro and his brother is currently a pro... so that may have had something to do with it...) We had an absolute blast! I even managed to get the perfect amount of sun! Not burned, but no longer a ghost! And despite all the pros, we still used a lot of my shots! Women get a HUGE advantage on lots of tees so that's why it's a good idea for you fellas out there to let a lady play on your team!

Side note: Do you ever have those moments when you assume everyone knows a common fact about something, but then you realize that not everyone does? Well, let me explain...
I have golfed basically my whole life, so golf terms have been common knowledge to me my entire life. Well, it never occurred to me that phrases like green, tee, fairway, etc. were like a foreign language to some people! Apparently that's the case! On one of the holes yesterday there were girls handing out coupons for free haircuts at their salon if you hit your ball on the "green". So, my boss tees it up and is short of the green by about 5 yards. The girl hands him a coupon. Boss is confused. Girl says "you're on that green area up there!"
Sorry hun... but the entire course is green area, the "green" is the smooth area you putt on that is mowed shorter than everywhere else. 
Needless to say, they gave out way more haircuts than they should have...

I would have more photos, but when I said it was gorgeous out, that really meant that it was 80 degrees and muggy, so I was absolutely disgusting. I then followed up my sweaty day of golf with our first sand volleyball game of the year... sweat and sand don't mix well..

That's it for today. Hope everyone out there reading this already knew what a green was, and if not, hopefully I just saved you from some future embarrassment.
Happy cinco de mayo weekend to everyone!

We shot 57.. not 56... the picture is deceiving. Still the winners! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment