Happy Hump Day everyone :)
Tough mudder is a week and a half away. I'm freaking out a little bit... I hope I don't die... I mean seriously, check out some of these obstacles!
Despite being super scared, I really am excited for the road trip and getting to know new people. About half of the people on my team are complete strangers. I'm excited to get to know everyone!
Besides training for tough mudder every spare second I have, I've been trying to squeeze in other activities. One of our sand volleyball leagues started last night. I play on two teams on Tuesdays. One at 7:30 and one at 8:30. It was pretty chilly out, and the sand was FREEZING, but both teams I'm on pulled out a W!
I decided to take a breather from 50 Shades of Grey and read a book a former co-worker recommended to me. It had pretty good reviews so I decided to give it a shot. It's only 100 pages so I got almost all the way through it last night before bed. It's kind of a self-help book about personal accountability called QBQ. Lately I've noticed I play the "victim" role a lot, as well as playing the blame game. For example, I mislabeled something at work. Rather than just taking personal responsibility for it, I made reference to the fact that someone was in my office bugging me while I was writing it, therefore they distracted me and I messed up. This was done in the "poor me" tone that I find myself using all too often. I know this isn't a huge deal, but at the end of the day my mistakes are my mistakes, and I should have just left it at that. I want to keep bettering myself as a person and I think this book might help. The main concept behind the book is to hold yourself personally accountable and ask yourself the right questions. Rather than saying "Why is this happening to me?" Instead ask yourself, "What can I do to make this situation better?" Or "When will they take care of the problem?" Ask yourself, "What can I do to help them?" Or rather than saying, "Why am I always so broke?" Instead ask yourself, "What can I do to save more money and be more financially stable?" I was skeptical of the book at first. It's a simple concept, but the more I thought about it and the more I read, the more I realized asking myself these questions could help me in all aspects of life.
I am hoping this mentality will help me at work and on a personal level. I want to be more positive and look at situations differently. Stay tuned for updates on how I'm doing with this. :)
That's it for today. Happy Wednesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment