One event I had been working towards for a while was the Shamrock Shuffle 8k road race in Chicago. It was on March 25th and I was very excited to spend the weekend in Chi-town with family and friends. Well, it couldn't have gone better! The weekend started with a night out on the town with my college friends, family, and some Eldora peeps. We went out on the town and had an awesome and memorable night out. We enjoyed lots of laughs and were out a little too late. The next day my friends and I had a much needed brunch with my sister, her boyfriend, and my mom. We followed up brunch with a trip to Navy Pier to pick up our race packets and checkout out the health expo. I spent way too much money at the expo, but ended up with some great goodies, including some awesome earbuds that don't hurt and don't fall out! yippeee! We had a quick late lunch with our friend Mike who lives in Chicago, is a Wartburg Alum (hoorah!), and has become a great friend. The day ended with a nice dinner out with my aunt and uncle and and early bedtime to rest up for the big race!
RACE DAY!
Race day started early but the adrenaline was pumping so for once I had no problem getting out of bed ;) I was nervous as this was the longest race I've done up to this point, but all went well and my goal was 50:00 and I ran it in 48:43 !!! :) It was SO MUCH FUN! Running the streets of downtown Chicago was amazing, I was so excited and having so much fun that the race was a breeze! I am officially hooked! Everyone did great and I was especially proud of my mom for taking a risk and participating! We all had a blast and the weekend couldn't have gone better! Pics below.

Race day with my college buds and my mom, pre-race at my sister's apartment.

Just before heading out on the town. Thank you to our good pal Mike for being our bodyguard and photographer for the night! Which also unfortunately means we didn't get any pics with him :(
That's all for now, more posts more often coming soon :)
No comments:
Post a Comment