Tuesday, January 24, 2012

You're doing WHAT?!?! ... okay.. I'll do it too...


I suppose my first blog post will be about something that is consuming my life for the next 15+ weeks... TOUGH MUDDER!!! What is tough mudder you ask? Well, it is an insane twelve mile obstacle course that I have signed up to participate in for some insane reason! (Mainly because my best friend is nuts and she talked me into it, and I have this problem where I can't say no to people and hate missing out on things.)

Some of the obstacles include swimming in ice water, running through a field of electric shock cables, swimming through tunnels in muddy water, and many other insane obstacles on a 12 mile course. Check out the website here











I am extremely excited for the road trip and weekend in Minneapolis with friends, but very very scared for the actual event... EEEK! I have quickly realized that the toughest part of this, and the real adventure is going to be the training. I have committed to doing Kosama 5 days a week and running 3-4 mornings a week. (If you don't know what Kosama is, you should check out their website.) Kosama rocks. Simple as that. Weights, plyos, kickboxing... we do it all, and I'm in the best shape ever because of it.

Kosama is hard, but getting up at the crack of dawn to run is much much HARDER... I am NOT a morning person, but now I have to be if I'm going to survive this! So here goes... wish me luck! The next few months are going to but hard but hopefully it's all worth it.

Along with tough mudder, some friends and I are doing the Shamrock Shuffle in Chicago in March. It's an 8k and will be the perfect event to work towards while training for tough mudder :)

Besides all this working out, I've still managed to have some free time to do something I have found I love. Painting! The latest painting I finished this past week is below of birch trees. I plan on doing many more like this because frankly, birch trees aren't that hard to paint hehe :)


Alright. That's it for me today! Hope all my friends enjoy my new blog! Love you guys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment