Wednesday, April 25, 2012

TNT!!!

I did it! I stepped out of my shell and signed up for something completely out of my comfort zone! A HALF MARATHON!!!!! The Nike Women's Half Marathon to be exact :) I signed up through The Leukemia Lymphoma Society Team in Training. TNT is a group of people who are all training for the same event in an effort to raise money for LLS. Each individual has to raise $3,200. Two of my best friends signed up as well! We have a tough summer ahead of us with lots of training and fundraiser planning. I am so excited to meet new friends through LLS as well as help out this great cause!

I set up a fundraising page and already had some very generous donations from friends and family :) The race is October 14th and it's in San Francisco! I have never been to San Fran and am really excited to visit the city :)

I also wanted to write a quick post about a fun weekend with old friends a few weekends ago. My best friend Ashton and I headed to Minneapolis to spend a weekend with our old friend and college roommate, Katie. She recently got engaged and is getting married this summer! We couldn't wait to see her ring and get caught up!

Well, the weekend went better than we could have ever hoped for. We hadn't seen Katie in so long that we were a bit nervous we wouldn't have much to talk about. That was NOT the case! We arrived around noon on Saturday and poured ourselves some wine, and before we knew it 7 hours had passed and all we had done was talk and laugh! It was an absolute blast! It was also great to get to know her fiancé better. He is hilarious and the couple is so perfect together that by the end of the weekend the joke was Ash and I would be presenting them with a trophy for best couple ever. We were so glad we made the drive to see them and can't wait to watch them walk down the aisle in August!

The three of us reunited :)
Katie's bling, which Ashton tried on and didn't take off for the next 4 hours lol.
Speaks for itself... :)


That's it for today. Happy Wednesday everyone :)



No comments:

Post a Comment