Tuesday, August 7, 2012

More weddings, back to school, and oh ya, I'm broke...

Happy August everyone! Can you believe it's August! Wow... summer flew by!
August has already been fairly busy for me. I took a big plunge and officially signed my re-commitment papers to run the Nike Women's Half Marathon for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society! There's no turning back now! I still have over $1,000 to raise to reach my goal though, which means I need to plan one more fundraiser A.S.A.P! In the meantime, if you are feeling charitable, feel free to donate! Every dollar helps! I have also decided to dedicate each mile during the race to someone, so if you know someone who has or had Leukemia or another form of cancer, let me know and I will write their name on my arm or leg and run a mile in their honor! :)

I attended ANOTHER wedding last weekend. My good friend and college roommate Katie tied the knot with her long time boyfriend Drew! The wedding was GORGEOUS! The reception was at the Iowa Memorial Union in a ballroom and it was amazing! Everything was perfect, even down to the name tags. I had a blast and we all danced the night away! Congrats Katie!







Being in Iowa City for her wedding made me extremely excited for football season! But I have some sad new folks... No season tickets for me :(
Last year I split season tickets with my friend Whitney. They are her dad's seats but he lets us buy them from him. We usually split them half and half, and attend the good games together, and give her dad one of the games. We were discussing which games we could and couldn't go to, and by the end of the discussion I realized that I can't justify spending $450 for a few games that aren't the big ticket games. So, for once in my life I said "no" to something. It was hard to do because having the tickets last year was sooooo nice! I suppose this is a part of growing up though, learning you have to make some sacrifices once in a while, and you can't always have everything you want. Money sucks... but it can suck even worse if you aren't smart about it....
So, hopefully I can scalp some tickets to Iowa vs ISU as well as IA vs Nebraska, and the rest I'll just have to settle for tailgating and a tv... which isn't half bad :)
Speaking of the Hawks, I do already have tickets and a trip paid for to see their opening game in Chicago in a few short weeks! I'M PUMPED!!!!!!!!!!!


In other news, I am back at KOSAMA! I'd been doing it for almost a year and a half and then had to stop because of an injury. I was so excited to get back in there last week and punch the bag and lift some weights :) It felt great! I am shooting for 3 days a week at Kosama on top of my half-marathon training! EEEEEK! Training is going well though and I'm sticking to my schedule. I'm finally working my way back up to longer miles and it feels great! Yesterday my running partner couldn't keep up though... so I had to cut the run short :(
My boss's dog Maddie, she's awesome :) kinda out of shape though... but I'll change that :)

I've also been trying to spend a lot of free time doing freelance design work in an attempt to make my freelance business something I can actually make money from :) I designed the logo below in exchange for a donation to my fundraising page, as well as the wedding invitation and programs for an upcoming wedding I'm in!



Front and back of the programs :) love them!

Logo for a start up company


Recently I've been getting inquiries about web design, and I always turn down the work. Technically I know how to design websites, and have done it in the past, but I'm not confident in my work because I am essentially self taught. So, I decided I'm going to do something about it and take some classes! I start my first online web design class on August 15th! :)

Well, that's it for today. Off to run and then some volleyball! Sand season is winding down but indoor is right around the corner! Love it!
Oh ya, and I saw The Dark Knight Rises, FINALLY! And it did not disappoint!!!!! Seriously AMAZING.
Okay, that's it for real!
Happy Tuesday everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment