The month started with this girl's wedding! Miss Heidi... I mean MRS. HEIDI GOETZINGER! (and now I know how to properly pronounce her last name after saying GOAT-ZINGER for the past few years lol... Sorry Heidi!)
Heidi and Chris's wedding was in Waverly, where I spent 4 years of my life at Wartburg, so part of me feels like I'm going back home when I head to Wavetown! The wedding festivities kicked off with the annual Golden Open Golf Tournament. WHAT A BLAST! I am lucky enough to be on Heidi's team every year (we became friends because we were both on the Wartburg golf team) and I can't recall how many times we've won, but I think it's almost every year! We played a 4 person, 9 hole best shot, and played out of our minds! We shot -8 and tied for the win! It was also way fun to be back on our college golf course :)
After golf we did some decorating and got ready for the rehearsal dinner at a park in Cedar Falls. Great Food. Great Fun. :)
The wedding Saturday was amazing! It took place on campus at Wartburg Chapel (the bride and groom both went to Wartburg) and the reception was at centennial golf course (where the bride and groom met a few years ago at a wedding.)
The ceremony was awesome and when they walked out everyone released red balloons :) So pretty!
The reception was a blast. They had amazing food and we danced the night away! It was so great to see old friends and even make some new ones!
Heidi and Chris are so perfect together and I was so honored to be a part of their special day :)
![]() |
| awwww |
![]() |
| fist pumpin |
![]() | |
| Wartburg Campus :) ahhhhhh the memories |
Training:
Training for the half marathon has been going extremely well as of late! I finally have been able to get my endurance back up to the point where I can easily go out and run 4-5 miles. And the crazy part is, I enjoy it! My recent discovery of podcasts has made me enjoy it even more! If you don't know what podcasts are, they are essentially talk radio, but you download the episodes either in itunes or another app. There are TONS of stations to choose from. The ones I've been listening to the most are The Moth, This American Life, and The Stanford Storytelling Project. They are all essentially short stories about anything and everything. I get so wrapped up in what I'm listening to that I forget I am running! If you are a runner and dread long runs, try it! In fact, I'm hustling to finish this post because I am anxious to go run and listen to the latest episode of this American life lol... I'm a dork.
The fundraising aspect of my half marathon is going well too! I have about $200 left to raise! Please don't hesitate to donate :) Every dollar helps, even if it's just a dollar! I am also dedicating each mile to someone who died of or who has or had cancer, so if you'd like me to do that for you or someone you know, please let me know :) Click this link to visit the fundraising page. Donating is so easy!
This past Labor Day weekend I headed to chi-town for the first Hawks game of the season! I'd been excited for months and couldn't wait! 3 of my best friends and I took the megabus to Chi-town and stayed with my sister. She happened to be moving to a new apartment that weekend so my mom came to town and helped her while we tailgated. I think I got the good end of the deal on that lol.
Tailgating was awesome, simply for the fact that Chicago was taken over by hawks fans! It felt like we were in Iowa City :) It was supposed to rain all day and it never rained a drop! The tailgate was a blast and the game was awesome! Everyone seemed a little bummed cuz we were behind, but I knew the hawks were just keeping things exciting for all these fans;) and sure enough, they thanked me for being so optimistic by scoring the winning TD right in front of us! SO FUN! The crowd went nuts :)
We ended our visit with a little walk around Millenium Park before heading back to Iowa. It was a great trip and I'm so excited for the rest of the season!
![]() | |
| Are we at Kinnick!?!?! BLACK AND GOLD! |
![]() |
| WE WON!!!!! |
![]() |
| sisters |
![]() |
| megabus |
I guess that's it for today. Indoor volleyball league starts tonight so I better get movin if I want to listen to that podcast ;)
Hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend! GO HAWKS!


















No comments:
Post a Comment